NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
These Official Rules are for the UPICKEM Pro Football Contest (the "Contest"), which is a nationwide contest (in the United States) Sponsored by Second Street Media Inc. ("Sponsor"). Local affiliates who choose to participate in this Contest may offer prizes for their participants only, and eligibility for those prizes may be restricted to individuals in the affiliate's local area (“Local Participant”). An affiliate’s local area is defined as being within a sixty (60) mile radius of the affiliate’s physical location.
Contest entries will be accepted online only beginning at 12:01 am ET on August 1, 2013. Entries will be accepted until the published cutoff time for each game as posted on the picks page of this website. The Contest ends following the start of the pro football Championship Game on Sunday, February 2, 2014. Entries for weekly prizes will be accepted online only on August 25, 2013, until the published cutoff time for each game as posted on the picks page of this website.
Limit one (1) entry per person.
This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 states of United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and participating affiliates (the "Promotion Parties"), and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and households of each such employee and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest, and each parent company, affiliate subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible to participate. This contest is void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Go to the picks page of this website and select the team that you will believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff game and predict the score for the winning and losing team for the designated tie-breaker game each week. You may enter your picks and score predictions until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. If you fail to predict a winner for any game, your pick will automatically be the team that was selected by the majority of participants and if the missed game is the designated weekly tie-breaker game, your predicted scores for the winning and losing teams will be the average score for the majority of participants. However, you are not eligible to win a weekly prize if you fail to actively predict a winner for more than one game in a given week, and you are not eligible to win the grand prize unless you complete your picks for each game for at least 11 weeks. The point value for selecting the winner of each game is as follows:
Regular Season Games - 1 point
Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game - 4 points
Conference Finals - 8 points
Championship Game - 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
The participant with the most points for each week of the pro football regular season will be deemed a weekly prize winner. The participant with the highest total "net score" at the end of the season will be deemed the grand prize winner. A participant's total "net score" will be a sum of all weekly scores.
In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be determined as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the participant's predicted score from the winning team in that week's designated time-breaker game will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the participant's predicted score from the losing team in that week's designated time-breaker game will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the weekly winner will be chosen at random from among those still tied. In the event of a tie for the grand prize, the participant with the lowest total "Score Approximation" for week 21, the championship game, will be declared the winner, then, if necessary, working back through the Score Approximations for each of the preceding weeks to break the tie.
"Pro Football Regular Season Survivor Game" Bonus Game To play the Survivor Game, select the one team you are sure will win each week. If you pick correctly you advance to the next week. However, you can only pick each team to win one time during the regular season. If a game results in a tie, it counts as a win and the participant advances. If you guess wrong, you are still eligible to continue to participate in the main game. The participant who makes it through the entire regular season predicting a winner each week will win the Survivor Game prize. If more than one player makes it through the entire regular season Survivor Game, the winner will be determined based on the total scores for each tied player through the end of the regular season main game, and if there is still a tie, then the last week "Score Approximation" tiebreaker process for the main game will be used.
Participants with one (1) wrong guess in the Survivor Game will be able to continue to play and are eligible for the second chance prize. If more than one player makes it through the second chance game, the winner will be determined based on the total scores for each tied player through the end of the regular season main game, and if there is still a tie, then the last week "Score Approximation" tiebreaker process for the main game will be used. Those with more than two (2) wrong guesses can continue to play for fun and are eligible to win a national prize selected randomly from all participants in the Survivor Game.
Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence (a resident of AL or NE who is 18 years of age) will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents and who will be responsible for all taxes, and other winner obligations. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder at the time of entry. Each winner shall be responsible for the cost of transportation in connection with any local prizes which must be obtained in person.
4. PRIZES: Click here for prizes and the approximate retail values of each prize.
The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until an affidavit of eligibility, release, and completed form W-9 is received.
Weekly - One pro football themed Fathead of the winner's choosing will be provided to the winner (as specified above) by Fathead, LLC. The approximate retail value of the weekly prize is between $89 and $99.
Overall - The Grand Prize is a trip for two to Hawaii. Includes airfare from United States and 7 nights lodging in Maui with an approximate retail value (ARV) of $5,000. Trip must be taken in 2014. Food, gratuity, ground transportation, and incidentals not included. Cash prize of $5000 can be substituted for the trip.
Survivor Game - Overall: $500 Amazon Gift Card, 2nd Chance: $200 Amazon Gift Card, Random Drawing: $100 Amazon Gift Card
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Except where prohibited by law, participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), this website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or this website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate this website's terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by this website’s users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
8. WINNERS: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101. Requests must be received by February 28, 2014.
This contest is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101.
UPICKEM is a trademark of Second Street Media, Inc. The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.